Seven clear signs that you have toxic molds in your indoor property:
Molds tend to creep their viewers due to their unpleasant appearance. This unlikable mold appearance increases drastically when the mold is also toxic. Toxic molds are much more detrimental to human health, and they have repercussions in the long run. If you suspect the growth of harmful molds in your surroundings, get in touch with the specialists to lower the chances of a mold attack.
Molds belong to the fungal kingdom and are composed of tiny spores. These spores are propelled in the air, resulting in severe damage to the air quality. Furthermore, some of these molds are notoriously dangerous, such as Stachybotrys chartarum (S. chartarum), also known as Stachybotrys atra. This toxic fungal organism has the power to cause serious health issues including; shortness of breath, allergies, asthma, and even exposure to lung cancer. Black mold is one of the most commonly identified toxic molds that can have a similar toxic impact on the human body and its surroundings.
How dangerous are toxic molds?
It is often heard that molds are not harmful to human health because they naturally exist in the surroundings. However, this is the half-truth told to the masses. Molds exist in the environment but at a certain standard quantity. A high concentration of molds can have negative effects on human health. One of the main concerns is mycotoxicosis — mold poisoning. Mold poisoning occurs when a toxic mold is exposed to the human body.
Furthermore, constant exposure to mold and mildew can lead to mood swings, headaches, fatigue, aches, pain, and even memory loss. According to studies, black mold tends to cause nosebleeds, fatigue, lung diseases, or even cancer in extreme cases. Thus, small quantities of mold may not cause harm. Exposure to toxic molds and non-toxic molds in high density can lead to health and property concerns.
Seven clear signs that your property has toxic molds:
Molds are microscopic organisms that cannot be detected by the human eye unless they have grown to a dangerous level. So, how do we discover if the mold growing on our property is toxic? Given below are seven signs that clearly show that your property has signs of toxic molds:
- Pinching odor:
The odor is one of the common signs of toxic mold growth. When present in small quantities, mold does not have a pungent smell. However, harmful molds have a very pinching smell to themselves. It must also be understood that non-toxic molds do not have a very pungent odor. These molds will have an earthy smell similar to green algae growth in ponds or aquariums. If you or any other resident identifies a very sharp, pinching odor, call the professionals to clear the mold growth.
- Constant respiratory issues:
Toxic molds, like black molds, have the power to cause issues to the respiratory system. The spores produced by these organisms linger in the air. When inhaled, these spores can reach the bronchus. It often results in immense allergies or breathing difficulties. Particularly, asthma patients have the effect of molds when they enter into their respiratory system. Thus, constantly occurring respiratory concerns mean that you need to consult professionals for further investigations.
- Building sickness:
A common phenomenon seen in offices and buildings is called building sickness. Business sickness refers to the appearance of common symptoms to the people belonging to the same indoor property. For instance, if an office building receives constant sick leaves stating flu, cough, and fatigue, it may be the cause of an infecting agent. Molds are most commonly observed as the primary culprits of building sickness and must seek treatment immediately. Moreover, office productivity can also be decreased, which must be dealt with immediately after the problem undergoes identification.
- Allergic reactions:
Toxic molds can also show signs in the form of allergic reactions. Rashes, itches, and redness are the most common examples of allergies. Inhaling mold spores are an integral factor that contributes to this allergic reaction. These allergic reactions get treatment by seeking the advice of a healthcare professional. Meanwhile, mold remediation services can assuage the situation for the better.
- Dizziness and headaches:
A common phenomenon observed on mold exposure is constant fatigue and headaches. Mold spores mess with one’s brain in a way that creates dizziness and fatigue. Many people experience memory loss and lethargy because of consistent exposure to these mycotoxins. So, if you or your fellow residents are facing constant lethargy and headaches, you may have molds growing on your indoor property.
- Dark stains:
Black molds leave a dark stain on walls or any item they use as hosts. These stains do not disappear even if carefully wiped off. The marks appear to be black, grey, or brown. These stains have the power to completely stain your property, and make it unappealing for life. Seeing mold clusters or black patterns is a clear example of mold growth in the surroundings.
- Discolored walls:
Do you wonder why sometimes the wall appears discolored? Many times it is caused by toxic molds. Molds spread across the surface and leach around the entire surface area. It damages the color and brightness of the walls and makes them less valuable for your property value.
Who are the most at risk of these mycotoxins?
Molds offer the most risk to infants and children, the elderly with weak immune systems, asthma patients, lung cancer patients, people allergic to spores, and even other people who have been under constant mold exposure. Most people report respiratory discomfort and headaches. Moreover, people also complain about allergies and breathing issues when constantly exposed to health issues. People with weakened immune systems are most likely to get under the influence of mold growth.
Mold Testers 561 provides all-in-one mold remediation solutions for residential and commercial properties. Our company has thirty years of professional experience that speaks for our excellent services.